Hello Students and Parents!
Welcome to my Wikispace. This will be an online tool for students and parents alike, to check homework, upcoming project dates, test/quiz dates, etc. I hope you find it informative and easy to navigate. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. I believe education is a partnership between teachers, students, and parents, and I appreciate your input!
Please explore the pages on my wiki! You will find class notes and a homework calendar updated daily!
We will be using McDougall-Littell's Pre-Algebra. If your child forgets his/her book at home, it can be accessed online at www.classzone.com
. Feel free to check out the online resources available to your student.
2. Buckle Down Book:
We will be using the 7th Grade Math "Buckle Down" book on "even days" (days 2, 4, and 6). We will use these books to prepare for the PSSA Test. Your child will receive a PSSA grade in PowerSchool to keep you informed of their level of mastery.
3. Grading Policy:
Grades will be generated using a Point System. Please check PowerSchool
on a regular basis to monitor your child's grade.
- Tests: We will have 2 - 3 tests per unit. Each test will be worth 100 points. Your child will receive a study guide before each test.
- Quizzes: We will have several quizzes per unit. Each quiz will range in value from 20 - 40 points, depending on their length.
- Projects: We will have at least one project per marking period. Each project will be worth 30-50 points. Some class time will be allocated for each project, however they will likely need to be completed at home.
- Homework: Your child will have a homework assignment almost every night. Homework assignments are work 3 points and are usually no more than 12 - 15 problems. Late or incomplete homework assignments will not be accepted.
- Binder: Your child will be required to keep a binder for this class. In it, he/she will organize all of our "Bell Ringers," class notes, homework, and graded assignments. Near the end of the marking period, I will collect and grade your child's binder. It will be count as a 50 point grade.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my wikispace. I look forward to working with you and your child throughout this school year!
Yours in Education,
Mrs. Courtney Richardson
7th Grade Pre-Algebra Teacher
Schuylkill Haven Area Middle School